Good morning! Right here is as we speak’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Senate Committee on Public petition, Ethics and Privileges, yesterday, ordered the arrest of administration of the Niger Delta Growth Fee (NDDC). Chairman of the Committee, Senator Ayo Akinyelure issued the order following the administration’s failure to seem earlier than them over alleged mismanagement of palliative funds.
2. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, on Monday, accused his Bauchi State counterpart, Bala Mohammed, of collaborating with killer herdsmen to kill Nigerians, together with folks of his State. Ortom stated this whereas addressing newsmen in Makurdi.
3. A two-time governorship candidate in Ogun State, Otunba Rotimi Paseda, has decamped to the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the ongoing revalidation and registration train of the occasion. Paseda, who contested the governorship election in 2015 on the platform of the Unity Social gathering of Nigeria (UPN) and because the governorship flag-bearer for the Social Democratic Social gathering (SDP) in 2019, was registered by his ward chairman, Idowu Osunkoya.
4. The Minister of Well being, Osagie Ehanire, on Monday stated the Federal Authorities is conscious of official experiences of huge scale fraud and counterfeit COVID-19 vaccines already in circulation. He stated this in Abuja yesterday on the briefing of the Presidential Process Pressure on COVID-19.
5. Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, has referred to as on related safety businesses within the state to assist in imposing the Anti-Open Grazing Regulation of the state.
The governor made the decision on Monday in Umuahia, the state capital, whereas flagging-off the statewide sensitization workshop towards felony actions in Abia communities.
6. The Peoples Democratic Social gathering (PDP), yesterday, stated the extension of the All Progressives Congress (APC) membership registration was a sign that the train has flopped. PDP, in a press release by its Nationwide Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, stated the extension is not going to change public rejection of the ruling occasion.
7. Lt-Col Yusuf Muktar Dodo has formally resumed duties as Aide-De-Camp (ADC) to President Muhammadu Buhari as Col Mohammed Lawal Abubakar bows out. His predecessor, handed over responsibility to him Yesterday.
8. Governors of the 36 states will talk about the difficulty of gasoline worth on Thursday. Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, disclosed this yesterday after a bipartite assembly of the Federal Authorities and the organised labour on the Presidential Villa Abuja.
9. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management on Monday stated a brand new variant of COVID-19 had been detected in Nigeria and 15 different international locations. The brand new pressure, B.1.2.5 which in line with him is totally different from the extremely infectious B.1.1.7 has, nonetheless, not been described as a variant of concern.
10. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management, NCDC has confirmed 542 recent instances of coronavirus (COVID-19) in 20 states and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. The whole variety of recorded instances within the nation has jumped to 152,616.