Motion In opposition to Starvation is the world’s starvation specialist and chief in a worldwide motion that goals to finish life-threatening starvation for good inside our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and growth group has been on the entrance strains, treating and stopping starvation throughout practically 50 nations. It served greater than 21 million folks in 2018 alone.
We’re recruiting to fill the positions under:
Job Title: Advocacy and Communication Officer
Job Kind: Full Time
- Motion In opposition to Starvation Nigeria Mission is in search of an Advocacy and Communication Officer to hitch our staff in our Kano Workplace
- This particular person will develop, coordinate and enhance AAH’s advocacy and communication work on the state stage, develop, doc and share good observe from planning, implementation, monitoring and analysis of advocacy actions on the state stage, develop communication plan, instruments and supplies to make sure profitable program implementation of CDGP for numerous stakeholders.
- The best candidate is a self-starter with wonderful staff administration and mission administration talents who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Undertake a spread of lobbying, communications and different actions to tell and enhance the policymaking setting galvanised actions by partaking consistently policymakers, together with donors and politicians, of the worth of financing for nutrition-sensitive and inclusive social safety with assist from the Supervisor.
- Assist the event of communications supplies and take part within the evaluate and touch upon print and digital media supplies together with scripts, posters, leaflets, video/audio recordings
- To assist the Jigawa state to implement the Social Safety Coverage.
- Assist coverage dialogue and a profitable file of accomplishment in advocacy and techniques for influencing coverage decision-makers on social safety.
- Establish authorities counterparts that can mentored and prepare on nutrition-sensitive and inclusive social safety program in Jigawa State.
- Contribute to all efforts to lift/nurture CSOs and champions for this system on the state and nationwide stage if want come up.
- Arrange studying, discipline visits, data sharing and capitalization workshops at native stage to allow classes discovered for use in future program design.
- Create and keep a database for all stakeholders interact with CDGP.
- Compile month-to-month advocacy experiences sand share with line supervisor to be included within the APR, Sitrep and quarterly experiences.
- Assist the Advocacy Supervisor for the mission within the well timed dissemination of program info internally and externally.
- Put together press releases and press kits as requested in accordance to Motion In opposition to Starvation coverage and below supervision of the Advocacy Supervisor.
- Present coordination staff with common updates on the political and coverage developments in Jigawa State.
- Help within the growth of user-friendly money switch and diet instructional supplies for audiences with restricted literacy ranges.
- Assist CDGP advocacy efforts by means of the event of applicable communication messaging, supplies and instruments.
- Develop a mapping utilizing an influence evaluation of key decision-makers (within the AAH’s operational areas).
- Develop and coordinate partnerships with different companions on advocacy actions (NGO, civil society) and facilitating joint advocacy actions.
- Undertake advocacy and lobbying as required with States decision-making our bodies and stakeholders (together with Governors, native MPs and so on.).
- Bachelor’s or Grasp’s Diploma in Communications, Journalism, Worldwide Relations, Public Administration or Improvement / Communication Research, Rural Improvement or different associated fields.
- Minimal of two years expertise in Advocacy and/or communications within the NGO sector
- Any coaching on Advocacy and Communication, social safety, Gender and Social Inclusion will probably be an added benefit.
- Our staff get pleasure from a piece tradition that promotes range and inclusion.
- Different advantages embody however not restricted to 100% well being care protection, 24 days paid depart per 12 months, free and direct entry to Cross Data e-learning platform.
Utility Closing Date
twenty third October, 2020.
and certified candidates ought to:
Click on right here to use on-line
Observe: Certified girls are strongly inspired to use.