African Improvement Financial institution Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Improvement Financial institution is the premier pan-African improvement establishment, selling financial development and social progress throughout the continent. There are 80 member states, together with 54 in Africa (Regional Member International locations). The Financial institution’s improvement agenda is delivering the monetary and technical assist for transformative initiatives that can considerably cut back poverty by means of inclusive and sustainable financial development. To be able to sharply focus the targets of the Ten Yr Technique (2013 – 2022) and guarantee larger developmental influence, 5 main areas (Excessive 5s), all of which is able to speed up our supply for Africa, have been recognized for scaling up, particularly; power, agro-business, industrialization, integration and enhancing the standard of life for the individuals of Africa.
We’re recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: AFAWA Officer – Affirmative Finance Motion for Ladies in Africa (AFAWA), AHGC0
Reference: ADB / 20 / 150
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Place N°: 50102232
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Agriculture, Human, and Social Improvement’ is a Sector Complicated specializing in two of the Financial institution’s Ten-Yr Technique, Excessive 5s priorities of “Feed Africa” and “Enhance High quality of Life for the Folks of Africa”.
- The advanced targets are:
- To develop, coverage and technique;
- Present deep sector experience to the Areas by gathering swimming pools of skilled people who will be consulted to offer sector experience on advanced transactions;
- Develop new financing devices;
- The Vice President will act because the spokesperson to symbolize the Financial institution with exterior stakeholders on points of “Feed Africa” and Enhance High quality of Life for the Folks of Africa”.
The Hiring Division:
- Throughout the Complicated, the Gender, Ladies and Civil Society Division is designed to enhance coherence and coordination throughout Complexes on Gender and Civil Society Group points. The Division ensures strategic priorities are mirrored in assets allocation, enhances monitoring and administration of efficiency, and strengthens the concentrate on outcomes.
- The Division additionally homes plenty of particular initiatives together with the Affirmative Finance Motion for Ladies in Africa (AFAWA), a flagship program of the Financial institution that goals to bridge the gender hole in entry to finance and unleash ladies’s entrepreneurial capability throughout the continent.
- AFAWA’s holistic method focuses on 3 pillars:
- Entry to finance, leveraging AfDB’s varied devices akin to strains of credit score, fairness investments and threat sharing mechanisms,
- Technical help, to monetary establishments in addition to ladies entrepreneurs, and
- Coverage dialogue to reform the authorized and regulatory frameworks affecting ladies companies.
- The Principal AFAWA Officer will likely be primarily based within the African Improvement Financial institution’s East Africa Workplace, below the supervision of the AFAWA Program Coordinator and the management of the Director, Gender Ladies and Civil Society Division.
- The Principal AFAWA Officer will work on the design, construction and implementation of operations below the entry to finance and Technical Help/Capability Constructing pillars of AFAWA.
- He/She’s going to lead interplay with key implementing companions such because the African Assure Fund and ship substantial, revolutionary and measurable outcomes associated to rising entry to monetary providers and markets for women-owned SMEs and assist the information and studying agenda for banking women-owned SMEs. Given the significance of the enabling atmosphere to boost entry for women-owned SMEs, the Principal AFAWA Officer will oversee and monitor progress on the pillar working in shut collaboration with the regional gender specialist and the AFAWA Enabling Atmosphere Officer.
Duties and Duties
The Principal AFAWA Officer below the oversight of the AFAWA Coordinator (AHGC.0), will carry out the next duties and have the next tasks:
- Working intently with the Non-public Sector Finance Division and different related Financial institution departments, arrange/take part in enterprise improvement missions by means of market analyses and conferences with present and potential purchasers to determine potential areas for AFAWA assist to extend entry to monetary providers for ladies in East Africa. It will embody pipeline identification and participation in consumer due diligence and appraisal, identification of technical help and capability constructing assist
- Put together AFAWA TA pitch books and challenge proposals approval reviews together with challenge targets, scope of labor, key deliverables, timelines, funds and anticipated outcomes and impacts with enter from the consumer and related Financial institution Departments
- Work intently with the AFAWA Coordinator on enhancing the flexibility of key companions such because the African Assure Fund in implementing a few of AFAWA’s main initiative (i.e. the AFAWA Assure for Progress Program)
- Take part in drafting donor proposals and securing funding for AFAWA applications as wanted.
- Work intently with Digital Monetary Companies to design and implement initiatives to facilitate women-owned SME’s entry to digital finance and the digital financial system.
- Contribute to instruments and requirements to additional improve the Financial institution’s capacity to ship robust and impactful entry to finance and markets applications for ladies entrepreneurs on the continent.
Design Implementation and High quality Assurance:
- Take part within the assessment of each lending and non-lending initiatives throughout the ambit of the AFAWA Program, strengthen the supply of operational inputs for the mainstreaming of AFAWA key efficiency indicators, together with the identification of ladies entrepreneurship indicators and improvement outcomes and particular technical help actions.
- Work intently with the Gender, Ladies and Civil Society Division, in addition to the Monetary Sector, Non-public Sector and different Sector Departments (notably the Agriculture Finance and Rural Improvement Division), to harmonize the combination of AFAWA in Financial institution’s operations
- Present market intelligence on the ladies’s market and enterprise case for investing in ladies; suggest revolutionary and operational merchandise/toolkits with the goal of addressing adequately the challenges ladies entrepreneurs face in accessing finance and markets and obtain the target of AFAWA.
- Have general duty for challenge AFAWA technical help and capability constructing design at consumer stage, together with scope of labor definition, timeline and funds setting, end result goal setting, stakeholder identification and mapping, phrases of Reference improvement together with procurement of consultants and coordination important to the implementation of AFAWA initiatives.
- Handle consumer relations by means of open and common communications to evaluate progress and satisfaction; anticipate and reply to consumer wants
- Put together and draft inside and exterior challenge paperwork and reviews e.g., challenge paperwork, mission reviews, challenge supervision and completion paperwork
- Monitor and assessment challenge implementation, scope of labor and assets deployed, to make sure challenge qualitative and quantitative milestones are achieved, and corrective actions taken when mandatory, present challenge updates for inside and exterior audiences
- Meet with purchasers regularly to evaluate challenge progress; frequently anticipate and reply to consumer wants to make sure consumer satisfaction
- Supervise marketing consultant work to make sure prime quality and on-time supply of labor program
- Contribute to analysis and information administration occasions and publications
- Carry out evaluation of client-related knowledge and knowledge to derive insights
- Carry out different duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain at the least a Grasp’s diploma or equal in Improvement Finance, Enterprise, Economics, or associated area; related qualification in funding appraisal and challenge finance is a plus.
- Have a minimal of six (6) years of SME finance expertise, with observe document in banking women-owned or led Enterprises – expertise in growing gender financing merchandise is an asset.
- Good command of endeavor complete due diligence and purchasers’ portfolio knowledge evaluation in addition to SME Banking practices;
- Expertise in monetary and funding coverage engagement, notably in relation to inclusive finance and ladies’s entry to credit score.
- Expertise in designing and main technical help and capability constructing applications for SMEs and extra particularly women-owned SMEs.
- Good understanding of human-centred Design methodology is a plus
- Robust consumer relationship administration abilities, together with the flexibility to develop and preserve mutually helpful stakeholder relationships with senior administration and guarantee well timed and applicable follow-up
- Capability to determine potential shortcomings of purchasers (and to suggest options, formulated by means of detailed technical help proposals.
- Exhibit robust analytical and reporting abilities.
- Capability to carry out in non-traditional sectors and work autonomously inside deadline.
- Capability to speak successfully (written and oral) in English and French. Working information of Arabic is an asset.
- Competence in the usage of normal Microsoft Workplace functions (Phrase, Excel, Entry, PowerPoint); information of SAP is fascinating.
Software Closing Date
fifteenth November, 2020.
How one can Apply
and certified candidates ought to:
Click on right here to use on-line
- This place is classed worldwide standing and attracts worldwide phrases and circumstances of employment.
- Must you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your software, please ship an e-mail with a exact description of the problem and/or a screenshot displaying the issue to: HR Direct [email protected](hyperlink sends e-mail)
- To use for this place, it’s worthwhile to be nationwide of one in all AfDB member international locations.
- Candidates who totally meet the Financial institution’s necessities and are thought-about for interview will likely be contacted. Solely on-line functions submitted with a complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required levels will likely be thought-about. The President, AfDB, reserves the proper to nominate a candidate at a decrease stage. The African Improvement Financial institution is an equal alternatives employer. Feminine candidates are strongly inspired to use.
- The African Improvement Financial institution Group (AfDB) doesn’t ask for funds of any form from candidates all through the recruitment course of (job software, CV assessment, interview assembly, and closing processing of functions). As well as, the Financial institution doesn’t request info on candidates’ financial institution accounts.
- The African Improvement Financial institution Group declines all duty for the fraudulent publications of job affords in its title or, on the whole, for the fraudulent use of its title in any approach in any way.