Requisition ID: req10531
Job Title: Emergency Well being Officer
Sector: Well being
Employment Class: Common
Employment Kind: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Oromia, Ethiopia
The Worldwide Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps folks to outlive and rebuild their lives. Based in 1933, the IRC provides lifesaving care and life-changing help to refugees pressured to flee from struggle or catastrophe. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing built-in, community-managed packages aimed toward enhancing the standard of lives and get well of livelihood of disaster-affected inhabitants’s by selling particular person participation, strengthening establishments and emergency response. Presently, IRC is working within the Oromia, Benishangul, Tigray, SNNPR and Somali areas on Emergency Response, refugee’s help and livelihood initiatives.
Title: Emergency Well being Officer
Responsibility Station: Lega Hidha, East Bale Zone
Contract Period: for six months with risk of extension
Emergency Well being Officer is answerable for correct implementation of Emergency Well being response mission at woreda stage, specializing in Golbo/Adele IDP website and can monitor focused well being amenities on the mission websites. She/he’ll work intently with woreda well being workplace to reinforce their participation and involvement in prevention, consciousness creation and capability constructing of woreda based mostly authorities well being employees (HWs & HEWs) and s/he’ll present technical assist for gov’t well being care suppliers (HWs and HEWs). This place will probably be based mostly at Lega Hidha woreda and can straight report back to the Senior Well being Officer.
- Conduct all actions deliberate below the mission in a well timed method and in accordance with the funds allotted.
- Monitor and Implement the mission actions as per the plan and supply mission knowledge for well timed determination making.
- Make sure that emergency well being intervention is in accordance with IRC and authorities pointers and supply technical assist for gov’t well being care suppliers
- Determine and contain all key stakeholders within the woreda regularly and assist woreda well being workplace in strengthening surveillance system at facility and group stage.
- Characterize IRC and take part in woreda stage conferences and take part in well being assessments in assigned woreda when wanted.
- Present assist in growing and implementation of a group based mostly communication technique (IEC/BCC)
- Work intently with employees from different sectors (WASH, CWI and NFIs) to make sure built-in method in program implementation in his/her woreda.
- Put together and share weekly exercise replace and month-to-month studies, help in quarterly and annual report preparation
- Present and/or facilitate trainings and workshops as per the mission work plan
- Carry out further duties as required by the supervisor or Well being Supervisor.
- BSc/MSc Diploma in Public Well being, Nursing or Midwifery.
- Minimal work expertise of three years for BSc Diploma & 2 years for MSc Diploma holders.
- Fundamental supervisory/managerial abilities with sturdy inter-personal abilities.
- NGO expertise in emergency well being response mission actions is preferable.
- Demonstrable expertise in working with communities in participatory approaches and capability constructing of well being facilities.
- Capacity to plan, arrange, and supervise implementation of emergency well being response initiatives
- Good technical and report writing abilities with pc abilities and information.
- Glorious verbal and written communication. Afaan Oromo language is a requirement.
- Self-motivated, trustworthy, extremely accountable, and punctual and talent to constructively deal with gaps and weaknesses.
- Capacity to work below strain in distant areas and understanding of the cultural context of the native space.