Mercy Corps is a number one international group powered by the idea that a greater world is feasible. In catastrophe, in hardship, in additional than 40 nations all over the world, we associate to place daring options into motion – serving to folks overcome adversity and construct stronger communities from inside. Now, and for the long run.
We’re recruiting to fill the place of:
Job Title: Monetary Companies Officer
Reference No.: ABV / PRO / 2020 / 0033
Location: Damaturu, Yobe with journey to discipline/ mission areas
Place Standing: Full-time, Exempt, Common
Program / Division Abstract
- Nigeria is essentially the most populous nation in Africa, and its affect spreads throughout the continent. But, inequality and insecurity have persistently undermined Nigeria’s growth. Mercy Corps Nigeria was established in 2012 to answer these challenges. The Nigeria crew is headquartered in Abuja, within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), with places of work all through Nigeria. With a robust and rising crew of over 200 employees, Mercy Corps is at the moment serving over 600,000 beneficiaries throughout the nation with programming in Lagos within the South; Kaduna, Benue, Nasarawa and Plateau within the Center Belt; Kano, Yobe and Borno within the North.
- Packages embrace women training and monetary inclusion, group peacebuilding, market-based Livelihood and a multi-sector humanitarian response that has a robust emphasis on WASH, Shelter, Money and Safety. With the imaginative and prescient of a Nigeria wherein all persons are empowered, engaged, resilient and safe, Mercy Corps Nigeria focuses on the basis causes of battle, governance, humanitarian response, and market methods growth.
- Working with a various funding base that features the USA Company for Worldwide Growth (USAID), UK Division for Worldwide Growth (DFID), United Nations (UN), European Fee (EC), European Humanitarian Support and Civil Safety (ECHO), International Affairs Canada (FKA DFATD), and several other foundations, Mercy Corps empowers folks to recuperate from disaster, construct higher lives and remodel their communities for good. In 2019, Mercy Corps Mercy Corps is beginning a $30 million USAID-funded Rural Resilience Exercise in Nigeria’s northeast. The aim of the Rural Resilience Exercise is to sustainably transfer folks out of power vulnerability and poverty.
- The Rural Resilience exercise will allow people and communities to have interaction in sturdy and sustainable market methods fairly than persevering with to depend on humanitarian help, and faltering with every new shock.
Basic Place Abstract
- The Monetary Companies Officer can be answerable for the implementation of all actions associated to growing entry to monetary companies below the Rural Resilience exercise.
- She/he’ll help in defining implementation methods in coordination with the Monetary Companies Specialist and different sector-specific management groups for context-specific approaches to extend entry to formal and casual finance and monetary companies, significantly for marginalized teams.
- The place will help the coaching of employees, the supply of technical help; and making certain that frequent methods and approaches are utilized persistently in all communities.
- She/he’ll coordinate carefully with the M&E crew to make sure that methods are in place to trace, analyze and report outcomes. The chosen candidate will maintain abreast of the most recent analysis and evolutions within the discipline of monetary companies and combine new concepts and approaches as acceptable, search extra technical help as wanted and guarantee efficient working relationships with collaborating companies.
Important Job Tasks
- Help the implementation of teamwork plans and the profitable implementation of monetary companies actions, making certain well timed implementation of labor plan actions and identification of goal teams throughout the accepted finances, and the achievement of program deliverables for desired impression.
- Help within the provision of technical steering on growing entry to monetary companies and be certain that interventions are aware of stakeholders and per Mercy Corps’ related program pointers, rules, values, high quality requirements and strategic plan. Help the Monetary Companies Specialist to make sure that interventions are evidence-based and cling to adaptive administration rules.
- Collaborate carefully with the Monetary Companies Specialist and Funding Fund Supervisor by contributing to choices round using the Grant Facility facet of this system to catalyze new funding in viable financial alternatives (market methods, livelihoods, agribusiness, and employment) by means of grants that stimulate, fairly than distort market growth and keep away from exacerbating battle dynamics.
- Help the conduct and/or replace of assessments to map current monetary companies, involving direct stakeholders in addition to private and non-private sector actors working throughout the goal areas.
- Help the combination of group approaches, gender sensitivity and capability constructing into all actions as acceptable whereas making certain that each one interventions adhere to Mercy Corps’ Gender Coverage, Do No Hurt rules, and beneficiary accountability requirements.
- Help the administration of relationships and coordination with native implementing companions.
- Actively help planning conferences and workshops with authorities, NGO, non-public sector, and group companions to revise plans and promote associate acceptance/buy-in.
- In coordination with the MEL crew, help the implementation of monitoring actions by means of common discipline visits and assessments to make sure program high quality and impression, actively supporting the documentation of approaches, successes and classes discovered.
- Coordinate with procurement, logistics, safety, administration and human sources groups to make sure operational methods help discipline actions.
- Symbolize Mercy Corps at authorities, donor, NGO and different related occasions, in shut coordination with the Monetary Companies Specialists and program management.
- Help within the coordination of actions with consortium companions, sub-grantees, native authorities and different implementers, in addition to with different Mercy Corps applications.
- Different duties as assigned.
- Guarantee compliance with safety procedures and insurance policies as decided by nation and program management.
- Proactively be certain that crew members function in a safe setting and are conscious of insurance policies.
- Conduct himself/herself each professionally and personally in such a way as to deliver credit score to Mercy Corps and never jeopardize its mission.
- As a part of our dedication to organizational studying and in help of our understanding that studying organizations are simpler, environment friendly and related to the communities they serve, we count on all crew members to commit 5% of their time to studying actions that profit Mercy Corps in addition to themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps crew members are anticipated to help all efforts towards accountability, particularly to our beneficiaries and to worldwide requirements guiding worldwide aid and growth work, whereas actively partaking beneficiary communities as equal companions within the design, monitoring and analysis of our discipline initiatives.
- Staff members are anticipated to conduct themselves in an expert method and respect native legal guidelines, customs and MC’s insurance policies, procedures, and values always and in all in-country venues.
- Reviews On to: Monetary Companies Specialist
- Works Immediately with: Program Management, Technical Advisors, Finance and Operations groups, Accomplice Organizations
Data and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s diploma or increased in finance, accounting, economics, enterprise administration or associated fields
- Minimal of (3) years of demonstrated expertise with USG or different related growth initiatives targeted on monetary companies, together with credit score, financial savings, insurance coverage, fee methods, and remittance companies, ideally with an understanding of the formal and casual monetary companies context in Nigeria;
- Spoken and written proficiency in English and Hausa;
- Demonstrated potential to work and coordinate successfully with all kinds of stakeholders, together with authorities, donors, cooperatives, community-based organizations, and the non-public sector; and
- Experience in selling monetary companies for the poor, together with financial savings, credit score, insurance coverage, e-payments, and new product growth tailor-made to the wants of susceptible populations.
- Expertise with supporting assessments, monitoring and analysis and different studying efforts required.
- Means to work independently
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical abilities and report writing
- Robust interpersonal, intercultural and communication abilities
- Wonderful oral, written and laptop abilities
- The profitable Monetary Companies Officer will mix distinctive administration abilities and capability to handle relationships with completely different stakeholders. The place requires a capability to suppose creatively about bettering alternatives for entry to monetary companies to advertise sustainable livelihoods.
- S/he could have the capability to spark progressive and entrepreneurial approaches to programming and to encourage teams to collaborate carefully to implement high-quality applications.
- She / he can be dedicated to long-term program sustainability and the supply of high-impact actions on the group degree. Essentially the most profitable Mercy Corps employees members have a robust dedication to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and altering environments and make efficient written and verbal communication a precedence.
Utility Closing Date
third November, 2020.
Methodology of Utility
and certified candidates ought to ship their CV and Cowl letter in a single doc to: [email protected] utilizing the “Job Title, Location and Reference” as the topic of the e-mail.
- All functions should embrace the place title and reference quantity within the topic line
- Please observe that solely short-listed candidates can be contacted for interview
- We’re an equal employment alternative group so girls are strongly inspired to use for this place.