On this function, you’ll present technical experience, analysis and administrative assist to the WRI Africa Cities Program together with assist within the scaling of transit mapping in African cities for improved and built-in transport planning.
Your tasks will vary from conducting analysis or mission assist as wanted and as time permits. You’ll have the chance to attach with sustainable mobility and concrete improvement specialists and interact with specialists and colleagues around the globe.
Analysis & Information
- Present analysis on city mobility, notably with public transport, information assortment and mapping of public transport, and built-in public transport
- Present technical assist to metropolis governments’, native companions together with educational establishments and mapping teams on the creation/upkeep of public transport information in Ethiopia, with potential for different regional work
- Present GIS evaluation to the native and international groups relating to city mobility and improvement
- Develop ideas and plans for built-in transport programs in Ethiopia, with potential for different regional work
- Develop with colleagues, and apply quantitative and qualitative transport and concrete planning analysis methodologies
- Help the event of data merchandise and instruments to advance sustainable city mobility and improvement
- Conduct desktop or spot analysis on chosen points because the come up
Challenge Administration Help
- Coordinate of city mobility initiatives in African Cities notably in Ethiopia to make sure consistency and high-quality deliverable
- Help in organizing inside and exterior conferences, conferences, coaching occasions and different actions
- Help the upkeep of shared datasets and others instruments/data
- Help on reporting, and budgeting, as wanted with the WRI International group, companions and funders
- Report weekly or bi-weekly on progress of initiatives to WRI Africa Cities Program Supervisor and Challenge Coordinator
- Present content material for WRI communications actions, together with blogs, newsletters and the WRI Africa web site
- Help improvement of experiences to metropolis governments, funders and others on WRI actions
- Put together shows and written and graphic content material to shows and experiences
- Bachelor’s diploma in associated subject akin to GIS, geomatics, geography, environmental science, sustainable improvement, transport or metropolis planning
- Minimal two years of expertise working with GIS, ideally in city planning and transit mapping with data of GTFS (Normal Transit Feed Specification) databases; device improvement; accessibility evaluation and transport planning in African cities
- Fluency in written and verbal English; further choice for fluency in Amharic or different native dialects
- Demonstrable earlier work expertise and enthusiasm relating to sustainable city mobility – public transport and innovation on these points
- Demonstrated skill to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural groups, juggle a number of priorities and work beneath tight deadlines
- Element-oriented, organized and unbiased thinker
- Clear and efficient communication abilities
Tips on how to Apply
Please submit a canopy letter with resume. Candidates mustapply by means of the WRI Careers portal to be thought-about.
WRI Ross Heart for Sustainable Cities works to make city sustainability a actuality. International analysis and on-the-ground expertise mix to spur motion that improves life for hundreds of thousands of individuals. Aiming to affect 200 cities with distinctive analysis and instruments, WRI Sustainable Cities focuses on a deep cross-sector method in 4 mega-cities on two continents, and focused help to 30 extra city areas, bringing financial, environmental and social advantages to folks in cities across the globe. The city mobility program of WRI Ross Heart for Sustainable Cities works in key answer areas together with: sustainable built-in public transport, street security, strolling & bicycling, new mobility, transport demand administration, mobility planning and accessibility.
World Sources Institute (WRI) is an unbiased, nonprofit international analysis group that turns huge concepts into motion on the nexus of setting, financial alternative and human well-being. We’re working to handle seven crucial challenges that the world should overcome this decade so as to safe a sustainable future for folks and the planet: local weather change, power, meals, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We’re passionate. We worth our range of pursuits, abilities and backgrounds. We now have a versatile work setting. And we share a typical purpose to catalyze change that can enhance the lives of individuals. Our shared beliefs are on the core of our method. They embrace: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The inspiration of our work is delivering high-quality analysis, information, maps and evaluation to unravel the world’s best setting and worldwide developmentchallenges, and enhance folks’s lives. We work with leaders in authorities, enterprise and civil society to drive bold motion and create change on the bottom. Equally necessary, we deliver collectively companions to develop breakthrough concepts and scale-up options for far-reaching, enduring influence.
We now have been rising quickly: our workers has doubled in measurement over the previous 5 years and our working finances is now $150 million. Based in 1982, WRI has a world workers of 1,000+ folks with work spanning 60 nations. We now have workplaces inAfrica,Brazil,China,Europe,India,Indonesia,Mexicoand theUnited States in addition to a rising presence in different nations and areas.
WRI is dedicated to advancing gender and social fairness for human well-being in our mission and applies this precept to our organizational and programmatic practices.