United Nations Worldwide Kids’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in a few of the world’s hardest locations, to succeed in the world’s most deprived youngsters. To save lots of their lives. To defend their rights. To assist them fulfill their potential. Throughout 190 nations and territories, we work for each baby, all over the place, day by day, to construct a greater world for everybody.
We’re recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Nationwide Particular person Marketing consultant for Growth of Minimal Requirements for a Secure College
Job no: 535177
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract kind: Consultancy
For Each Little one, Schooling
- Nigeria was a part of the primary group of 37 nations that endorsed the Secure Colleges Declaration (SSD) on Could twenty ninth, 2015.
- The Honourable Minister of Schooling signed the Letter of Endorsement on March eighth, 2018. Equally, the Federal Government Council (FEC) on twentieth March 2019 accepted the Memorandum on “Mainstreaming and Implementation of the SSD Legal guidelines and Insurance policies in Nigeria” thus paving the best way for the domestication of SSD.
- As a key motion in the direction of this, the Federal Ministry of Schooling has developed a draft Nationwide Coverage on Security, Safety and Violence -Free colleges in Colleges as a part of its commitments to safeguarding and defending learners, lecturers and schooling personnel.
- As well as, the current efforts in the direction of the event of Minimal Requirements that outline as college as protected is one other key element underneath the approval from the FEC which can be aligned to the Draft coverage (Nationwide Coverage on security and safety and Violence-free colleges in Nigeria, NPSSSV) that presently exists
How are you going to make a distinction?
- The general goal of this consultancy is to develop the Nationwide Minimal Requirements on College Security and Safety (with Steerage Notes) based mostly on the Nationwide Coverage on Security, Safety and Violence-free colleges in Nigeria.
- The minimal requirements are anticipated to enhance the implementation of the NPSSSV as a sensible doc for use in school stage by directors, lecturers, facilitators, SBMCs and personal schooling suppliers.
- The event for the minimal requirements can be led by UNICEF, in very shut coordination with the FME and EiEWGN. This exercise is according to the SSD Plan of Motion 2018-2020.
- The marketing consultant can even develop a method for the piloting of the requirements which can be adopted nationally.
- The marketing consultant will work carefully FME, EiEWGN and different related stakeholders.
- The minimal requirements ought to take the Little one Rights Act 2003 into consideration and be written with a toddler safety strategy.
- Technical assist to make sure that Little one Safety is included can be supplied by UNICEF and companions.
- The marketing consultant can be employed for 2 months.
Scope of Work:
- In shut session with EiEWGN and related sectors, settlement on a piece plan for the event of minimal requirements in a one-day Inception Workshop
- Summarization of key parts of minimal requirements and presentation of them to the EiEWGN
- Assortment of proof from related stakeholders that displays the wants and enter into the minimal requirements (together with already current assessments from CBOs, NGOs, FME, SMoE, SAME, SUBEBs).
- Drafting of minimal requirements guided by the NPSSSV and based mostly on the enter from the EiEWGN and different related experiences. The minimal requirements ought to embody evaluation instruments and indicators, for each self-assessment (for the varsity) and exterior evaluation instruments (for SMOE, SUBEB, SAME, SBMCs, MoD, NCDC, SMoH or different implementing companions).
- of the draft SSD minimal requirements in a nationwide workshop with technical specialists throughout sectors referring to the MS in the direction of arriving at a consensus.
- Pilot testing of the Draft SSD minimal requirements in agreed areas (formal and non-formal settings)
- Modification of the Draft SSD minimal requirements following feed-back from the consensus workshop, UNICEF and different key stakeholders and from the pilot testing within the agreed areas via a validation workshop.
- Growth of a plan for the piloting of the minimal requirements (which ought to embody an analysis of the implementation of the requirements.
- Presentation of findings and ultimate minimal requirements at validation workshop
To qualify as an advocate for each baby you should have…
- Superior college diploma in a number of of the disciplines related to the next areas: Sociology; Anthropology; Regulation, Schooling);
- Minimal 5 years of related work expertise of which two at nationwide and worldwide ranges in discipline programmes related to Schooling;
- Understanding of the SSD and its software within the Nigerian context
- Documented expertise writing manuals, requirements or evaluations;
- Fluency in English and general good communication;
- Skill to precise clearly and concisely concepts and ideas in written;
- Pc abilities, together with web navigation, and numerous workplace functions;
- Expertise working with/within the UN or different worldwide improvement organizations within the social sector or in nationwide stage improvement help and partnership assist to authorities programmes and priorities is an asset;
- Good communication and advocacy abilities: Skill to speak with numerous stakeholders, and to precise concepts and ideas concisely and clearly in written and oral type.
For each Little one, you show…
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Belief, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with Individuals and Drive for Outcomes.
View our competency framework at:
Software Closing Date
twentieth October, 2020 (W. Central Africa Commonplace Time).
How one can Apply
and certified candidates ought to:
Click on right here to use on-line
- UNICEF is dedicated to variety and inclusion inside its workforce, and encourages all candidates, regardless of gender, nationality, spiritual and ethnic backgrounds, together with individuals dwelling with disabilities, to use to turn out to be part of the group.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance coverage on conduct that’s incompatible with the goals and targets of the United Nations and UNICEF, together with sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- UNICEF additionally adheres to strict baby safeguarding rules. All chosen candidates can be anticipated to stick to those requirements and rules and can due to this fact endure rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will embody the verification of educational credential(s) and employment historical past. Chosen candidates could also be required to supply extra data to conduct a background examine.
- This VA is open to all (inner and exterior candidates). It is a re-advertisement with the intention to increase the candidate pool. Earlier candidates needn’t reapply as their unique software can be duly thought of.
- Solely shortlisted candidates can be contacted and advance to the subsequent stage of the choice course of.