Palladium is a world chief within the design, improvement and supply of Constructive Influence – the intentional creation of tolerating social and financial worth. We work with foundations, traders, governments, firms, communities and civil society to formulate methods and implement options that generate lasting social, environmental and monetary advantages.
For the previous 50 years, we have now been making Constructive Influence doable. With a crew of greater than 2,500 workers working in 90 plus international locations and a world community of greater than 35,000 technical consultants, Palladium has improved – and is dedicated to persevering with to enhance – economies, societies and most significantly, folks’s lives.
We’re recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Public Well being Response Officer COVID – 19
Job ref.: req9998
Mission Overview and Function
- The LAFIYA programme is a 7-year DFID Funded programme from February 2020 to February 2027. The programme is being carried out by Palladium and its Consortium Companions – Society for Household Well being, Choices Consultancy Companies Ltd, CHECOD, PharmAccess, Solina and Chatham Home. Lafiya can be delivered at federal degree, in addition to with a concentrate on focused states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with actions tailor-made for every particular state as a substitute of a “one measurement suits all” strategy.
- The target of the programme is to enhance well being outcomes for the poorest and most weak in Nigeria by means of i) encouraging Authorities of Nigeria to extend sources invested in well being; ii) bettering effectiveness and effectivity of private and non-private primary well being for companies and iii) decreasing complete fertility charge in Nigeria.
- Lafiya programme is implementing FCDO assist to the Authorities of Nigeria’s COVID-19 response to facilitate a coordinated and environment friendly response. This assist is being offered at Nationwide degree and Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Lagos, Yobe, Borno and Zamfara States.
The three aims of FCDO-LAFIYA’s COVID-19 assist are:
- Goal 1: Help to the COVID-19 response in Lafiya focused states and at nationwide degree together with flexing to different states the place the necessity is best.
- Goal 2: Help to continuity and entry to important main well being companies
- Goal 3: Help to central function of well being workforce within the response
- The Public Well being Response Officer COVID-19 can be accountable for offering technical help to the State COVID-19 response working carefully with different technical leads to make sure programme outcomes are achieved.
- S / he’ll coordinate interventions, actions and technical assist to States within the implementation of COVID-19 response and report progress to the State C-19 Coordinator within the achievement of end result.
- As such, He / she is anticipated to train judgement inside broadly outlined practices and insurance policies in choosing strategies, methods, and ongoing analysis of programme supply and outcomes.
- The Public Well being Response Officer COVID-19 can be a member of the Borno / Yobe / Jigawa / Kaduna / Kano / Katsina / Lagos and Zamfara State crew.
Main Duties and Tasks
- He / she is going to primarily assist the supply of Programme COVID-19 response assist.
- He / she is going to work carefully with the State Job Drive on COVID-19 and the EOC within the State, proactively working with the MDAs and key stakeholders to determine and reply to their TA wants and accordingly determine and leverage sources to be deployed within the state below the management of the STL / State Coordinator.
- Periodically assess well being threats, the state of COVID 19 referral system and assist to important well being companies, and the important wants of the affected populations.
- Collaborate with state authorities and well being companions to coordinate and implement C-19 and different public well being response actions and advocate enhancements.
- Present evaluation of the general public COVID 19 dangers, wants and capacities and advise on precedence interventions for Lafiya and companions.
- Monitor progress in the direction of achievement of well being safety protection; analyse social determinants of well being and their affect on the COVID 19 incident administration system, together with figuring out inequities, gaps within the supply of well being companies or emergency interventions, recommending acceptable actions and revolutionary approaches to enhance the scenario.
- Facilitate the implementation of efficient, evidence-based insurance policies, on C-19 and different associated public well being programmes and interventions
- Safe data from a broad vary of well being sectors, analysing such and consolidating well being information in developments and developments evaluation, with explicit consideration to surveillance, monitoring and early warning.
- Present enter to communications and data merchandise (Sitreps, EOC updates and COVID 19 experiences and many others.) as required.
- Grasp’s Diploma or increased in Public Well being, Well being Economics, Growth Research or different related discipline required.
- Have to be an skilled well being skilled.
- Should have a sound data on COVID-19 and Well being system safety scenario and response
- Confirmed expertise working in Well being Sector in growing international locations, ideally in Nigeria
- Demonstrable capability to community and negotiates with key stakeholders throughout totally different sectors in assist of well being.
- Robust abilities in design, implementation and monitoring of program elements; e.g. well being methods strengthening, supportive supervision, advocacy and coordination.
- Glorious facilitation and mentoring abilities’ supporting decentralized entities to translate insurance policies into strategic plans for implementation
- Expertise with technical help for applications funded by DFID and / or different donor applications in growing international locations, with vital Northern Nigeria expertise.
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the well being coverage setting and governance in Nigeria, notably within the Northern Nigeria most popular.
- Expertise in coordination and collaboration of stakeholders together with authorities companies / establishments, the personal sector, CSOs and worldwide donor companies.
- Robust interpersonal, written, and oral communication abilities in English required, working data of Hausa and different native languages most popular
- Glorious oral and written communication abilities in English.
- Demonstrated drawback fixing, analytic, and evaluative abilities.
- Consideration to element and skill to successfully and effectively carry out a number of duties and steadiness competing priorities usually inside a required timeframe.