The Worldwide Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps individuals to outlive and rebuild their lives. Based in 1933 on the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC affords lifesaving care and life-changing help to refugees compelled to flee from battle or catastrophe. At work at the moment in over 40 international locations and 22 U.S. cities, we restore security, dignity and hope to thousands and thousands who’re uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way in which from hurt to house.
We’re recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Roving Regional Grants and Enterprise Growth Coordinator (Based mostly in Europe or Africa)
Requisition ID: req10740
Areas: Buea, South-West, Cameroon, Brussels, Brussels-Capital Area, Belgium, Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland, Bamako, Mali, Amdjarass, Chad, Abuja, Federal Capital, Nigeria, Gbarnga, BONG, Liberia, Berlin, Germany, London, United Kingdom, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, Agadez, AGADEZ, Niger
Employment Class: Common
Employment Sort: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Sure
- Within the West Africa Area (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Cote D’Ivoire, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone) IRC responds to acute and longer-term wants with built-in applications that enhance well being and security, prioritize kids’s training, foster financial wellbeing, and empower communities to regain management over their lives.
- The place further assist is required by the international locations within the area, the Regional Grants and Enterprise Growth Coordinator will probably be deployed to work as a part of the grants groups in nation workplaces.
- S / he could also be deployed to behave as a brief Grants Coordinator, or to offer surge assist to help within the growth of proposals in addition to donor reviews, and to carry out common grants administration features throughout peak durations.
- The Regional Grants and Enterprise Growth Coordinator reviews to the Regional Grants Director and works intently with the Regional Enterprise Growth and the Regional Program Assist Groups in addition to nation workplace employees.
- The place will probably be ideally based mostly inside the area, or a European or African nation the place IRC has an workplace, with frequent journey to nation applications inside the area for in-country assignments.
The Grants and Enterprise Growth Coordinator will probably be assigned to assist particular nation applications and will probably be answerable for the next:
- Work intently with nation applications to assist particular proposal growth coordination and duties, similar to creating proposal work plans, writing non-technical sections, consolidating and modifying written inputs, creating annexes, writing price range narratives, and different duties as wanted, The place will present further bandwidth, or backfilling for nation grants employees when wanted to assist these processes.
- Act as proposal lead, as recognized by nation applications and the regional group.
- Facilitate design classes in coordination with nation grants groups with key nation program, companions, regional and HQ groups.
- Liaise with the Awards Administration Unit’s world Enterprise Growth and Regional Program Assist Groups to make sure proposals meet inner and donor requirements
- When in-country and in coordination with RGD and the Senior/Program Growth Advisors (S / PDA), assist the CD and DDP within the cultivation of donor relationships on the nation degree and assist nation workplaces with desk analysis on upcoming BD alternatives, as directed.
- The place mandatory, assist the administration of partnership duties together with associate identification, associate due diligence and associate venture capability overview in keeping with the IRC’s partnership administration system’s (PEERS) necessities.
Awards Administration & Compliance:
- Work with nation groups to develop donor reviews and different award deliverables (e.g. work plans, M&E plans) and guarantee they’re top quality, coherent, correct and submitted on time in accordance with donor and IRC inner necessities, offering further bandwidth, or backfilling for nation grants employees when wanted to assist these processes.
- Handle and / or assist settlement and modification critiques and negotiations,
- Present technical steering on donor guidelines and laws to nation group to make sure compliance,
- Proactively elevate potential compliance points to nation group and preserve senior administration and regional group knowledgeable of any projected inabilities to satisfy contractual obligations and of spend charges / important price range variances.
- Monitor and assist using grants administration instruments similar to month-to-month monetary reviews, procurement plans, and exercise plans amongst program groups to make sure correct monitoring of implementation and well timed alerts to potential challenges / obstacles
- Work with the nation applications to assist realignments and award modification processes; supporting award shut out, as wanted.
- The place assist is required, act as point of interest in facilitating the overview of donor deliverables and approvals by technical advisors and different related individuals at HQ
- Prepare and assist nation applications’ grants groups and program employees on donor compliance, report writing, venture and price range monitoring, report preserving, and grants administration.
- Assist the implementation of IRC’s PEER system throughout all areas of sub-award administration together with pre-award evaluation, associate price range overview, funding instrument choice, sub-award package deal critiques, sub-award amendments and guaranteeing particular donor necessities are captured in sub-award paperwork.
- Take part in and assist the coordination of nation program’s venture cycle conferences, in addition to donor and associate conferences, as required.
- Diploma in Worldwide Growth / Affairs, Public Administration, or associated topic,
- No less than 5 (5) years’ expertise working with non-governmental organizations within the space of program growth, grants administration, and / or venture administration; ideally in West Africa,
- Profitable expertise creating initiatives, writing proposals, and creating budgets for USG, United Nations, and European donors, and with associate organizations,
- Expertise working in grant administration in humanitarian / battle or post-conflict settings,
- Fluent English and French written and verbal communication abilities,
- Enhanced interpersonal abilities and talent to work in a various group setting,
- Capability and willingness to journey to throughout the area (as much as 60% of the time),
- Demonstrated capability to prioritize excessive volumes of labor to satisfy tight deadlines.