Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental group based in Milan in 1965. COOPI goals to assist the world’s poorest to enhance their entry to healthcare, meals, and monetary safety, and to beat their particular vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and pure disasters. For 50 years of long-term help and fixed presence within the subject, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to particular emergencies in quite a few sectors, together with Meals Safety, Humanitarian Assist, Well being, Socio-Economical Providers, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Schooling and Coaching, Migrations and Sustainable Power.
We’re recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Security and Safety Assistant
Location: Gashua, Bade LGA – Yobe
Employment Sort: Full-time
Scope of the Emptiness
- Beneath the supervision of Security and Safety Supervisor/Logistics Coordinator, and direct supervision of the security and Safety Officer, the Security & Safety Assistant will help in increase the capability, consciousness and preparedness of employees to cope with security-related dangers, threats and incidents by way of the supply of top of the range, common trainings or briefings to nationwide and worldwide employees and COOPI guests throughout the space of accountability.
- The SSA will preserve a excessive stage of contextual consciousness of his/her working space and powerful coordination with Program and Operations help groups on the Subject stage. He/she’s going to kind a large net of community to proactively collate and supply for related safety info.
- The SSA will help Security and Safety Officer in addition to the Security and Safety Staff in conducting collaborative safety danger assessments with all field-based employees according to the usual COOPI safety administration buildings.
- The SSA will help Security and safety supervisor/ Logistics Coordinator in enforcement and implementation of present SOPs and different danger mitigation plans guided by the acceptance, safety and deterrence methods.
- The SSA will act as a liaison hyperlink between COOPI and different exterior safety functionaries throughout the areas of accountability, signify COOPI in safety boards as directed by supervisor to objectively make sure that the operations and program wants of COOPI are properly addressed.
Important Duties and Duties
Beneath the direct supervision of the security and safety officer, he/she’s going to:
- Constantly monitoring of the setting within the operational areas for which he/she is accountable. As required, and at a minimal of as soon as per quarter, help Security and Safety Unit and Head of Base to updating danger registers and safety/security SOPs.
- Make sure that the Base Workplace SOPs and related paperwork are stored updated and reviewed usually, and employees consistently stored conscious of their contents.
- Transient, supervise and liaise on day by day foundation with the contracted guards and drivers to make sure the guard power and fleet is conscious of COOPI SOPs and are successfully imposing the required rules.
- Accompany program employees on subject missions on a necessity foundation so as to higher develop an consciousness of the challenges confronted by COOPI employees within the subject
- Liaise with authorities, Military, Police, DSS, Native Heads and different key exterior stakeholders to make sure that COOPI employees can preserve common and secure entry to program areas
- Usually coordinate with peer group security employees/focal factors to get the present contextual info.
- Utilizing customary trainings developed by the security and safety unit, SSU, conduct common refresher coaching to COOPI employees on private security, hearth prevention, defensive driving amongst others.
- Put together weekly reviews for the Base workplace and replace information on accessible incident information instruments.
- Submitting when required electronic mail rapid advisories to Damaturu Workplace when vital safety incidents happen.
- Submit formal post-incident reviews to the Head of Base, Security and safety supervisor/ Logistics Coordinator, Undertaking Managers and Security and Safety Officer.
- Work carefully with the Head of Base and Security and safety supervisor/ Logistics Coordinator, to make sure that the Safety Focal Group (SFG) assembly are held and minutes submitted to SSO as required.
- Throughout a essential incident, he/she’s going to help the Head of Base and Security and safety supervisor/ Logistics Coordinator in essential incident administration giving all of the required help as outlined within the COOPI Safety SOP.
- The SSA can be accessible 24/7 to answer any employees issues or incidents which may require pressing consideration.
- Observe and monitor COOPI employees motion throughout the areas of accountability and report any motion breaches to SSO and Head of Base.
This ToR shall be inclusive of some other process particularly assigned by the direct supervisor for what issues the implementation of this system actions.
Profile of the Candidate (Schooling, Coaching, Competences, Abilities)
- A Increased Nationwide Diploma or Superior Diploma in Safety Operations and Administration / Criminology / Catastrophe Administration / Public Administration / Worldwide relations / Enterprise Administration / Schooling – Languages or a subject associated to humanitarian work. A bachelors’ diploma in related subject can be added benefit.
- Obligatory Laptop use expertise (together with MS Phrase, Excel, PowerPoint, and web)
- Fluency in English (written, spoken, comprehension). Information of native north east language is very desired (Kanuri).
- Will need to have accomplished NYSC service or submit exception certificates
- Coaching in First Assist and Fireplace Security.
- Related safety administration certifications can be added benefit
- Competent report writing expertise.
- Primary Mapping or GIS expertise
- Catastrophe administration and response coaching/ certification
Abilities & Expertise
- No less than 1-year security-related expertise with UN/INGOs/CBOs working in North-East Nigeria both in security and safety, logistics or administration. Related expertise kind some other establishment may also be thought-about.
- Capacity to grasp security-related topics similar to risk/danger evaluation, safety administration, and private and organizational bodily safety consciousness.
- Earlier providers with any of the Nigerian Disciplined forces (Police, Military, NSCDC, and so forth) can be a desired benefit. Certificates of discharge or advice from rapid supervisor can be required as proof.
- Confirmed expertise or skill to work successfully in advanced safety environments and conditions with an articulate understanding of the battle in northeast.
- Information of the native language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Keen and capable of be based mostly and journey usually inside distant areas, the place providers are restricted.
- Capacity to work carefully, professionally and constructively with all others no matter nationality, ethnicity, gender, faith, race, tribe, or cultural background.
- Sound judgment/ open-minded and the flexibility to work beneath minimal supervision
- Robust evaluation, analysis, evaluation and planning expertise
- Interpersonal communication and confirmed written / presentation expertise
- Demonstrated skill to work beneath nerve-racking situations
- Demonstrated information of the historic and socio-political context of Nigeria.
- Flexibility and skill to work lengthy hours and to be deployed on quick discover.
Utility Closing Date
twenty fifth October, 2020.