United Nations Worldwide Kids’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in a few of the world’s hardest locations, to achieve the world’s most deprived youngsters. To avoid wasting their lives. To defend their rights. To assist them fulfill their potential. Throughout 190 international locations and territories, we work for each baby, all over the place, day-after-day, to construct a greater world for everybody.
We’re recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Safety Specialist, P3
Job no: 535191
Contract sort: Short-term Appointment
For Each Baby, Safety
- In Nigeria, UNICEF works in a fancy humanitarian and improvement setting to satisfy and shield youngsters’s rights in partnership with authorities, civil society, youngsters and households. UNICEF Nigeria is likely one of the largest UNICEF Nation Workplaces globally – click on the hyperlink to be taught extra about UNICEF in Nigeria: https://www.unicef.org/nigeria/.
How will you make a distinction?
- The place is established to offer operational safety assist to all discipline workplaces in Nigeria. The incumbent will likely be based mostly in Abuja, nonetheless, will likely be anticipated to undertake frequent journey to all field-offices in Nigeria with the intention to help implementation of programmes throughout the nation.
- The safety scenario on floor requires an skilled safety specialist to operate as an advisor on the subject of sustaining security and safety of UNICEF personnel and eligible members of the family; premises and belongings within the space of accountability in accordance with UN and UNICEF Safety Administration Programs.
Primary Duties and Duties
Act the advisor on workers security and safety to heads of discipline workplaces:
- Liaison with UNDSS, Safety professionals of different Companies, Funds & Programmes:
- In collaboration with the UNICEF programme and communication, present related evaluation for integration into the planning and execution of all actions.
- Please discuss with the connected job description for extra informationDownload File TOR – Safety Specialist Nigeria P-3 08 OCT 2020.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for each baby you’ll have:
- Superior College diploma (Grasp’s diploma or equal) in Safety Administration, Enterprise Administration, Political / Social Science, Psychology, Legal Justice, Legislation, Worldwide Relations or a associated discipline is required.
- A primary-level college diploma together with two years of added qualifying expertise could also be accepted in lieu of the superior college diploma.
- A primary-level college diploma could also be substituted with a diploma from a police or navy training establishment, school or academy obtained over a minimal of a three-year interval.
- A minimal of 5 (5) years of progressively accountable expertise in safety, danger, catastrophe or emergency administration within the public or non-public service areas, equivalent to nationwide safety, navy or police, or in a company setting is required.
- Of those, a minimum of 2 years of worldwide expertise in safety operations is required.
- Administration expertise within the public, non-public or company sector is required.
- Fluency in English and fundamental data of French is required.
- Information of one other UN official language is fascinating.
For Each Baby, You Reveal
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Belief, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies:
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages Individuals (1)
- Demonstrates Self Consciousness and Moral Consciousness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to realize impactful outcomes (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
The purposeful competencies required for this publish are:
- Analyzing (3)
- Deciding and Initiating motion (2)
- Making use of technical experience (2)
- Information within the discipline of safety danger administration, particularly of the UNSMS.
- Capability to make fast choices in emergencies or when fast response is required.
- Capability to speak advanced ideas orally.
- Capability to supply reviews and papers on technical points and to overview and edit the work of others.
- Capability to use UN guidelines, laws, insurance policies and tips in work conditions.
View our competency framework at