Stabilization Officer at Plan International
Plan Worldwide is an impartial growth and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances youngsters’s rights and equality for ladies. We assist youngsters’s rights from start till they attain maturity, and allow youngsters to arrange for – and reply to – crises and adversity. We imagine within the energy and potential of each baby, however know that is typically suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working along with youngsters, younger individuals, supporters and companions, we try for a simply world, tackling the basis causes of the challenges ladies and susceptible youngsters face. We now have been constructing highly effective partnerships for youngsters for over 80 years and at the moment are lively in additional than 70 nations, driving modifications in follow and coverage at native, nationwide and international ranges utilizing our attain, expertise and information. Plan Worldwide is registered in Nigeria with the Company Affairs Fee.
We’re recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Stabilization Officer
Location: Gashua – Bade LGA, Yobe
- The place holder is to help therapeutic feeding unit (TFU)/stabilization centre part of Neighborhood primarily based Administration of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) implementation within the LGA and dealing carefully with the LGA well being staff, and SC colleagues for the efficient implementation and linkage of CMAM program with the neighborhood and facility.
- As well as, the place holder can also be anticipated to offer a constant and high-quality technical assist in relation to CMAM implementation and can help CMAM officers, and others within the LGA to construct robust CMAM implementation package deal.
Dimension of Position:
- The incumbent will likely be accountable and assist the SC coordinator for diagnosing sophisticated SAM case utilizing bodily examinations and completely different laboratory exams in Gashua SC website in collaboration with different plan Worldwide diet employees and SMOH employees.
- Based mostly on their findings, prescribe required therapy and medicines to aim to heal any sicknesses or accidents as per SAM inpatient administration protocol of Nigeria and World Well being Group.
Key Roles / Duties
- Examines sufferers/shoppers in keeping with commonplace medical procedures utilizing numerous kinds of diagnostic mechanisms;
- Administers and prescribes medication primarily based on evaluation of examination, take a look at studies and findings and counselling companies as Nationwide and WHO SAM inpatient administration protocol;
- Manages the mission unit’s implementation of diet program in settlement with the general CMAM Program actions specifically Stabilization centre/ therapeutic feeding unit and the Nationwide guide within the administration of SAM,
- Makes positive that stabilization centre / therapeutic feeding unit is applied in keeping with the Nationwide protocol and WHO guideline i.e. software of the admission and discharge standards, complication therapy, therapeutic feeding, carefully screens and strictly follows anthropometry measurement
- Ensures the provision of job aids, reporting codecs, therapeutic merchandise (f75, F100 and RUTF) and medicines for program implementation in SC
- Plan and manage SC actions at designated SC websites in liaison with SMoH employees and different diet employees.
- Work carefully with SC coordinator, SC Assistant, and different hospital employees within the LGA to make sure all facets of this system are understood and agreed and acceptable referrals happen to and from the neighborhood to OTP and SC websites.
- Work carefully with different companions implementing OTP for correct referral and monitoring of beneficiaries at OTP degree
- Make sure the multi-chart/inpatient card has correctly stuffed and monitored and corrective motion has taken on day by day foundation.
- Makes positive that well being professionals from the well being services to take part on the day by day routine work for sustainability and clean phase-out technique,
- Work carefully with the groups to make sure all youngsters are screened appropriately.
- Guarantee all standards are revered and understood by the groups, together with admission, discharge and switch to and from the OTP/SC.
- Guarantee complete well being checks and proper medical analysis on the time of evaluation in keeping with the CMAM protocols in order that the affected person receives acceptable therapy within the related program.
- Guarantee all youngsters in SC are immunized in keeping with the nationwide protocols.
- Guarantee well timed identification of issues, non-responders, and referrals to additional investigation and administration.
- Guarantee correctness, consistency and completeness of the data within the diet registers.
- Guarantee ample availability of all medical and meals provides and guarantee inventory is pre-positioned as deliberate by discussing with logistics
- Present key Diet and Well being schooling messages to beneficiaries primarily based the protocol and pointers
- Reply to inquiries relating to the technical facets of this system admission and discharge at any time when needed on the SC websites.
- Observe-up and make sure the discipline workforce interacts with the beneficiaries correctly
- Present a day by day/weekly and month-to-month CMAM report back to the SC medical doctors/diet coordinator.
- Upholds the picture and values of Plan worldwide Nigeria always,
- Performs different associated duties as required, like management and facilitation of car motion inside the mission space within the discipline Put together and submit common month-to-month and quarterly logistic exercise studies to the mission/workplace managers;
Technical Experience, Abilities and Information
- Minimal BSc Diploma in Nursing with expertise in emergency diet response speciality sophisticated SAM administration in Stabilization centre and medical expertise in Beneath-five youngsters sickness Prognosis and therapy in hospital
- Over two (2) years’ expertise in sophisticated SAM case administration in SC and CMAM programmes
- Legitimate and present practising license.
- Wonderful report-writing expertise is an additive
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Dedication to and understanding of PLAN’S goals, values and rules.
- Candidates from Yobe State are inspired to use
- Sturdy communication expertise: oral, written and presentation expertise.
- Needs to be a workforce participant and culturally delicate.
- Demonstrated proficiency in laptop functions similar to phrase processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail and utilization of the web
- Sturdy management, workforce constructing, battle decision and skill to ship PLAN’s strategic goals.
- Extraordinarily versatile, and have the power to deal with disturbing conditions
- Facilitate the event and scheduling of volunteer outreach actions
- Wonderful neighborhood mobilization expertise
- Work carefully with companions and their employees to make sure mission actions are applied in time and inside the stipulated high quality.
Utility Closing Date
twenty fourth October, 2020.
The best way to Apply
and certified candidates ought to:
Click on right here to use on-line
Be aware: Plan Worldwide Nigeria is an equal alternative employer and doesn’t discriminate on the idea of race, faith, gender or disabilities. Plan Worldwide Nigeria is absolutely dedicated to baby safety to forestall youngsters from all types of abuse. Ladies are strongly inspired to use.