Canada is an amazing country and young students from all over the world are competing for scholarships to study there because they are getting the chance to pursue their academic goals and also find profitable job offers. If you are planning to get your Bachelor’s Degree in Canada, then you should be pleased to find out that the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is now accepting applications for the 2020 academic year. In addition, the host institution is the University of British Columbia.
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievements in fields of endeavor such as performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award: Benefits
Students who are awarded with a scholarship from Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award will receive awards proportional to their financial need. Financial need is determined by a number of factors such as tuition fees and living costs minus the financial contribution that the students and their family can make annually. In addition, a standard needs-assessment is based on the financial information provided by the students and their families.
The award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, whichever is less. Your award may be renewed provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award: Criteria
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- • You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- • You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
- • You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- • You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- • You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- • You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Official Letter and Deadline
We are advising all undergraduate students who want to win a scholarship offered by the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award to CLICK HERE and access the official website where they can find additional information. The deadline is 1 March 2020.